The Business Foundation Programme (BFP) is aimed at international students who would like to carry out higher education management studies in France. This programme has been designed to provide students with management fundamentals as well as the linguistic and technical competencies needed to enrol on Bachelor or Master programmes at either Groupe Sup de Co La Rochelle or at the ISC Paris Business School, our partner for the programme.
The Business Foundation Programme (BFP) has been developed to enable you…
- to improve your language ability in either French or English
- to understand European academic methodologies, allowing you to follow the lessons more easily and thereby make faster progress
- to grasp the fundamentals of business and management
Throughout the programme, you will be supported and guided in your career orientation, as well as in your choice of further studies and specialisation.
At the end of the programme, you will be able to enrol on one of the Bachelor-awarding or Master-awarding programmes at Groupe Sup de Co La Rochelle or at the ISC Paris Business School.
The BFP is taught in both French and English. You can choose:
- French Track: available on the La Rochelle campus
- English Track: available on either the La Rochelle campus or the Paris campus of the ISC Paris Business School, our partner institution for this programme
Students who enrol on the English Track, have the possibility of opting for one semester on each campus.
Length of studies
The BFP can last one semester or one year, depending on your language ability:
- 1 year (60 ECTS points): September to June, for students with an A2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- 1 semester (30 ECTS points): January to June, for students with a B1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Intensive language courses designed for business studies(in French or English depending on your chosen language track)
- Official language test
Culture and Modern Society
- Drama lessons
- Methodology lessons
- Tutoring from former BFP students
- Company visits and seminars
- Personal orientation and support
- Preparation for the entrance tests of Bachelor/Master programmes
- Immersion in a programme of your choice
Business and Management Competencies
- French Culture and European Culture
- Study trip between the La Rochelle campus and the Paris campus (English Track only)
- French economy and European economy
- >Intercultural and Ethical Management
- Introduction to Marketing
Support, guidance and personal development
One of the key elements of the BFP is the preparation of both your educational and professional projects. Thanks to the pedagogical tools and the experience of Groupe Sup de Co La Rochelle, you will receive personal advice to enable you…
- to identify and develop your project: workshops structured around personal development (e.g. self-awareness), defining your career aspirations etc.
- to use communication tools efficiently (CVs, cover letters etc.), using the correct language and effective presentation
- to prepare for the entrance tests of your chosen further study programme
Study trip (La Rochelle and Paris)
Over a period of one week, you will discover the BFP partner campus i.e. La Rochelle or Paris… you will visit the city, meet other international students and take part in a business game with students from both years of the programme.
As a future business professional, you will have to present and justify your ideas and projects in front of a range of different audiences. Our drama workshops provide you with a means of ‘learning by doing’. In a relaxed atmosphere, you will develop both your self-confidence and your oral skills through sketches, improvisations and public speaking.
Fees for academic year 2017-2018
European students* Non-European students* 1 semester € 4885 € 4885 1 year € 7155 € 7155
These figures are provided as a guide and are subject to change every year.
Please note that they do not include the costs involved for the Study Trip to Paris or La Rochelle.
*28 member states of the European Union: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
Financing your studies
The following table outlines the admissions procedure for candidates who hold (or are currently studying for) a non-French degree.
Step 1 Step 2 Step 3 Step 4 Step 5 What happens? Online application Admissions interviews via Skype
- Admissions test results are released
- Deposit to be paid
Administrative assistance Proof of academic level required How? Submission of application documents With a personal interview and language oral test
- Results sent by email
- Payment to be made online
Assistance with visa application procedure and accommodation Provide proof of qualifications and language level
An admissions fee of € 50.00 is required (to be paid by bank transfer or credit card)
LIST OF SUPPORTIVE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED (TO BE SENT BY EMAIL)
- motivation letter
- academic reference letter
- proof of current academic level (exam certificate/s or letter from current academic establishment etc.)
DETAILS OF ADMISSIONS TESTS
Personal interview (in French or English depending upon the chosen track) Personal interviews are conducted by a panel made up of a member of staff from Groupe Sup de Co La Rochelle and a working professional 25 mins.
UPCOMING ADMISSIONS DEADLINES
Throughout the academic year, admissions tests are organised every Tuesday, by Skype. The following table details the next deadlines and associated interview dates.
*The exact dates and times will be sent via email a few days beforehand.
ADMISSIONS TEST RESULTS
Candidates will receive notification of their admission or non-admission, by e-mail, within 6 days following their interview.
If you are admitted, you must:
- pay a € 3000.00 deposit by the specified deadline (this amount will be deducted from your annual tuition fees)
CONFIRMATION OF ENROLMENT
You will receive confirmation of pre-enrolment as well as confirmation of accommodation which are necessary for your student visa application.
CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
To confirm your final acceptance, you must provide proof of your current qualifications and language ability (before 30th June 2018):
English-Track et French-Track Programmes B1*
* Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Proof of language ability is NOT required if…
- you come from a country where the official language is the same as that of your chosen track
- you hold a qualification issued in a French-speaking country and are applying for a French track
- you hold a qualification issued in an English-speaking country and are applying for an English track
Please note that only official certificates will be accepted.