Groupe Sup de Co La Rochelle has its very own online Accommodation Platform, which can be accessed free-of-charge. This tool will enable you, in a few simple steps, to find suitable accommodation in La Rochelle.
Via this Platform, you will have access to:
- accommodation ads… furnished/non-furnished, house-/flat-shares, rooms in private houses etc.
- a messaging service, enabling you to contact the property landlords direct
- search tools to be able to find and geographically locate accommodation near the La Rochelle campus as well as in all major cities in France and abroad (ideal for your internships abroad and academic expatriation etc.)
If you are already a registered student at Groupe Sup de Co La Rochelle…
simply use your MyIntanet User name and Password to connect to the Platform.
If you are joining us for the first time…
upon registration, you will receive a link in order to access the Accommodation Platform.
Types of Accommodation
A ROOM IN A PRIVATE HOUSE
- Cost: €300-€400 per month
Living in a host family is generally an enriching and very rewarding experience. You will have the opportunity of discovering the French way of life and of improving your language skills by exchanging ideas and sharing experiences with the family. Certain families are happy to pick you up at La Rochelle train station or La Rochelle airport, and to guide you around the city. The host family will provide you with your own private room and you can decide whether or not you would like to have breakfast and dinner with them. If you decide not to eat with them, you will have access to the kitchen to prepare your own meals. Costs are set by the landlords (families or house owners).
- Cost: €400-€600 per month
The cost of furnished accommodation in La Rochelle varies due to factors such as its location in the city, proximity to public transport, the facilities provided and whether or not service charges are included in the rent.
The CROUS de Poitiers manages six university residences on the La Rochelle campus, providing affordable accommodation.
On its Bachelor Business programme, Groupe Sup de Co La Rochelle offers 3 specialisations on its Angoulême Campus, home to some 4000 learners… apprentices, students and employees undertaking executive education. The city of Angoulême is well known in the world of ‘image’ (film, animation etc.), luxury products and spirits, and has the advantage of a strong international presence. Note that international students who decide to study on the Angoulême campus are guaranteed accommodation.
The French government offers housing benefit to students (financial support, security deposit advance, security deposit guarantee etc.).
Other service charges
You will be responsible for paying other service charges for your apartment such as gas, electricity, water etc.
- Electricity/Gas (EDF/GDF): you will receive a bill every two months. You can choose to pay by monthly direct debit.
- Water: you have to pay for water monthly. The water meter is checked once a year and the bill is updated according to consumption.
- Taxes: If you are in your apartment on the 1st January, you will have to pay the Taxe d’Habitation (council tax) as well as the annual ordures ménagères (household refuse) tax.