- Department Marketing
- Areas of research industrial policy, local and regional development, business support services, place branding and urban tourism
- Teaching fields graduated in Political Science from the University of Pisa and the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna (1979) and M.A., School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University (Washington, D.C.) (1981)
Nicola Bellini is Professor of Management at the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna in Pisa (on leave) and Director of the Tourism Management Institute at the La Rochelle Business School.
Before entering the academic career, he was Research Fellow at Nomisma - Economic Research Institute, Bologna (1982-1990), and Advisor for economic policy and planning in the Office of the President of the Regione Emilia Romagna, Bologna (1990-1991).
He was visiting or affiliate professor at the Stanford University Center in Florence, University of Sassari, University of Pisa, GSSI L’Aquila and Grenoble Ecole de Management. From 2009 to 2011 he was the Director of the Regional Institute for Economic Planning of Tuscany – IRPET. From 2007 to 2014 he was Director of the Galileo Galilei Italian Institute in Chongqing and Co-Director of the Confucius Institute in Pisa.
He eas also:
- Trustee of the Regional Studies Association (2008-2011)
- Chairman of the board of Pont-Tech, technology transfer agency in Pontedera (1997-2002)
- Board member (2002-2004 and 2007-2010), director of student affairs (2002-2004), and director of the research laboratory on management and innovation (2002-2010) at the Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna.
He is: Fellow, Regional Studies Association; Fellow, Academy of Social Sciences, U.K.; Member of the board of directors, Association Francophone de Management du Tourisme.